Monday, July 26, 2010

Insert Clever Title Here

I wanted to start out by saying that I have the greatest blog readers EVER! You all made such great points. And in case you are all curious, Chris and I put our notice in on Saturday. We were informed that on August 24 we will be required to vacate the apartment and turn in our keys by 6:00 pm, regardless of the status of our new home. It's a calculated risk and we are willing to take it!

Then we went and bought a washer and dryer. Of all the things in all the world that I would love to shop for, those appliances don't even make the list. It's difficult to spend money on something I know I will never love. Needless to say, we didn't buy expensive ones. But did opt for new rather than used.

Now for this week. It should be rather busy with several month-end projects to wrap up by Thursday, and my in-laws coming for a visit on Friday afternoon. They'll stay with us through the weekend, then have their own plans for the week. It will be great to see them.

Oh, and my good friend Lisa had her baby on Saturday night. So I should probably add a visit to meet baby Koen one night this week. They also have 17 month old Kyler. For those moms out there, if I make a dinner to take to them, what should I make for a munchkin? I know that he likes graham crackers, macaroni and cheese and pickles. Maybe I'll just take those things!

I hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

  1. YEAH...progress:) There is nothing fun about buying a washer and dryer BUT not having one is the pits.

    I have a very yummy recipe for mac 'n cheese that has squash in it so the kiddos (and adults) get the veggies they need. It is one of Meredith's go-to recipes for healthy comfort food for new families. She also takes your mom's lentil soup in glass jars for a quick, anytime meal for the family. I can send the recipes if they sound good to you.

    The female river rats tubed today...it was a perfect day and good to get caught up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna...I beg to differ with you on the washer/dryer. Long before we were married, Kyle was given a hand-me-down set. Then one of them died, he bought a cheepie. It died. Last February our Valentine to each other was a new washer and dryer. I am NOT kidding you when I say that each time I push the buttons on our beautiful space-aged wonders of clean clothes...I sigh a happy sigh! :-)

    So give that new washer and dryer a chance!! :-)

    Hey, if you do have to move out BEFORE you can move in, you'll have a nice matching set of washer/dryer boxes that you can sleep in!

    ReplyDelete