Friday, July 2, 2010

ET Phone Home

Ok, so the ET part may not be relevant, but the two things at the top of my mind right now are a new phone, and a new home...and going home (to MI for a week!).

Here's the skinny on the phone: The new iPhone 4 is out. Chris has one and LOVES it. Except the 3G is not consistently working which means no data. I use my phone primarily as a phone but when I travel (or play hooky from work) I NEED to have the data service be reliable. With my current iPhone, I have had little issue with data, but also have more dropped calls in a week than I had in the entire 5 years I was on the Verizon Wireless network. So, the dilemma is this: Is my phone a toy or is my phone a utility with which I communicate. Tough questions that I will deal with when I have fewer big fish to fry.

On to the bigger fish!

The home. A new home. We found one. Again. But this time no Radon and no inspection issues! HOORAY! I haven't posted anything on Facebook because I can't help but wonder if that's the jinx. Right now, the only potential issue is that the seller apparently owes more than our purchase price on the home. The listing agent says the seller is planning to bring cash to closing. But that makes me nervous. And of all the houses we have seen, and all the houses we have made an offer on (this makes 5), I love this one the most. Amazing kitchen, perfect living room, fabulous deck, nice yard, fantastic master suite, and office space aplenty! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, let this transaction happen!

Keeping fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment