Monday, October 4, 2010

A Case of the Mondays

Ok, I don't really have a case of the Mondays. But today HAS been absolutely crazy. I had a beautiful breezy run this morning, made it a little bit farther and a little bit faster...that's always a GREAT way to start a week.

I was at my desk by 8:00 and hit the ground running. Pun intended. I was really on a roll when I realized I was getting hungry. I glanced at the clock, it was 10:30 and I hadn't had breakfast! Grabbed some greek yogurt and got back at it. Got hungry again, looked at the clock and it was 1:30. Holy catfish! Where is this day going.

The last 2 hours have been the best part. A client just wasn't getting it. I tried to explain using my best third grade vocabulary, but she still didn't get it. With my windows open and fresh air streaming through my office, I was finally able to make her understand! We both started to giggle about her confusion when all of a sudden this rogue rainstorm came from nowhere, blew everything off my desk and soaked the carpet! Seriously! That made me laugh harder!

Then another client said, "Oh, did I say I needed it on October 14? I am really sorry, I meant October 4!" Hurry hurry hurry doesn't even begin to describe my speed, but I got it done and now Monday is almost behind me!

Whew! I need a break. It's 4:00 and I am still sitting here in the clothes I ran in this morning. I have barely had half of my water today and my chapped lips are driving me crazy. Small price to pay for having a good job, I suppose!

So, with all that, I will now take a breath, and take a shower. Here's a clip from Office Space. A cult classic movie that coined the term "A Case of the Mondays"

No comments:

Post a Comment