Friday, October 8, 2010

Celebrating Four and the Start of One More

October is the best month. With it comes my favorite season and wonderful weather, happy children in school yards, vivid colors and crisp blue skies, the end of air conditioning and the beginning of fireplaces. But best of all, October is our anniversary month.

October 14 will mark our four-year wedding anniversary. It's hard to believe it's been 4 years already. When I started to write this morning I thought I'd make a list of the things we have done during those four years. But I quickly realized that not only do I want to see that list, but you probably don't either. It was full of difficult memories with some fun things interspersed. I seemed to be a count of the number of jobs I have had and places in which we lived. So instead, I am blogging about celebrating four incredible, loving, happy, fun years and the beginning of our fifth year.

Since Chris' parents will be here next weekend, we will be celebrating tomorrow. To commemorate the four, we are trying four new things tomorrow:

1. Roasted Veal Shanks with Rosemary
2. Skillet Turnips and Potatoes with Bacon
3. Homemade German Chocolate Brownies
4. Dressing up for dinner at home.

Often times, Saturday night dinners are prepared and enjoyed in sweatpants and a ponytail. I figure a little mascara and pants that actually have a zipper and button might make the dinner feel even more special. Although, it's pretty special on its own. A life filled with love and laughter, a partner in crime and a best friend. It took a while to get here (I mean finding Chris!), but I am grateful for every bump in the road, detour taken and tear shed.

I wish that every person could find the happiness within themselves that I have finally found. The perfect partner certainly contributes to that. I am so lucky, and so grateful.

Cheers!

5 comments:

  1. Can you see me smile? Can you? I have a big smile. Dad and I are very proud that you can write a blog like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful celebratory meal. Enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes for many more! I love reading your blog and sharing in your good times and speed bumps. Hugs to both of you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hard to believe it has been 4 years, but it also seems like you two have always been together.

    Enjoy "all of the fours" listed, they all sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! I'm with you...I've found it too. (Oh, and it make make it "special" if there are no pants involved!) :-)

    ReplyDelete