Thursday, November 11, 2010

Quick Update

Blogging this week has been a little rough. I seem to be at a loss for words...not much interesting going on in the Rowland house. Here's the quick 10-point-update:
  1. Fuzzy sheets went on the bed Tuesday night and I couldn't be happier about it!
  2. Leaving my house at 5:15 for the gym is not the right time. Their parking lot holds about a quarter of the the capacity of the gym...tough to find a spot. I parked on the road. Others circling the lot left. More exercise for me that way. I had to walk a block just to get there!
  3. Our first house party ever is on for Saturday. There will be a total of 8 of us, plus one toddler and an infant.
  4. I am reinventing the Drunk Cake this week. If you've had the infamous McFarlane Drunk Cake, you know it's pretty perfect. But I am going to make a white version in addition to dressing up the chocolate version. It may be a flop, but I am thinking that it will either be like a spice cake or a coconut cake. I love the coconut idea. Are there some who hate coconut? As for reinventing the chocolate version...think mint!
  5. We like to sleep with our bedroom COLD. I mean really cold; the colder the better. But my office is in here. I think you could hang meat in here and my hands are so cold they feel like they are about to break off. Good thing I have a fireplace! Or maybe I like to sleep really cold so that I can run the fire while I work. The jury's out on that one.
  6. Our beagle, Abby, hates the cold. And hates the snow even more. Needless to say, we have to keep the deck shoveled so she'll "go" in the yard.
  7. My coworker has buried me in achievable deadlines this week. For the first time in many days, my head is above water. But please don't tell anyone. I like it this way and would hate to have more work on my plate right now. An even distribution is a good thing!
  8. We officially settled on the pasta bar idea for Saturday. Three sauce choices, three noodle choices and 10 topping choices-everything from capers and sun-dried tomatoes to meatballs and Italian sausage.
  9. Our guests are so excited about it that they are each bringing a dish that coordinates with the theme. Who knew this would catch on so well! Pretty cool, eh?
  10. I had my hair colored Tuesday night. About 6 months ago my now ex-stylist (against my request) put highlights in my hair and I hated them. Finally, the toner has come out and I looked like bad-roots-dishwater-blonde. It was awful. So, I covered it up. And it's D-A-R-K. Holy buckets is it dark. Like Lauren Graham dark. But I LOVE it! Even the 4th grade kiddos at Junior Achievement yesterday told me that I looked different...I asked how and one kid said, "different like prettier." I can live with that.

4 comments:

  1. Nice update. I know that your party will be a hit. Pasta bar sounds like great fun. Maybe the river folks would like that. We need to skype so I can see your dark hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see the hair, and you KNOW 4th grade kids don't lie.

    Pasta bar sounds wonderful to me, and the Drunk Cake, well, sounds like you are improving on perfection to me.

    Have a grand week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great updates and your party will be a hit and YUMMMMMY!!!!

    PLEASE a picture of the new you:)

    I can't think of many who would turn down an office with a fireplace when you live in a snowy climate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE "different but prettier"!

    ReplyDelete