Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Utterly disorganized

I make no bones about the fact that I am a list maker. I love to make them, I love to help others make them, I love to cross things off, and I love to throw the completed list away and start new ones.

That's part of why I love Christmas so much. It's the season of lists. Only this year, I don't have one. Because I know my mom reads this, I can't give away too much detail, but I have four stockings to fill. Two have budgets, two do not. Two will be more thoughtful while two will be full of useless stuff and candy. There are also some small gifts to buy. And I have no list. No list to tell me who I am buying for or what the scope of the purchases should be. No list to tell me what I have already purchased and who is getting it. And worst of all, I remember buying some things but can't remember where I stashed them...guess I should have made a list for that too!

Thankfully my workload has slowed tremendously this week. I plan to make a list of all the above mentioned items, locations, people and ideas in a notebook so that all my lists will be in one place. And maybe while I am at it, I can make a list of other lists I should make, like party menus, groceries to buy, meals to serve, and things that still need to be done. My in-laws will be here in exactly 8 days. I should probably get started!

Merry Wooly!

p.s. Welcome aboard Allison! I can't wait for your blog to start! If you are brainstorming ideas to help you get started, check out The Time Before Dawn , A Happy Little Family and Our Kirker Family Tree. Those are all Mox's kids! And all very different blogs, but so much fun to read! Love you!

2 comments:

  1. My name is Lisa. I too am an obsessive list maker. There...it's out in the open. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Melanie. I am a double list maker and I have been known to use white-out and redo a list that is messy.

    I too have four stockings to fill. I put stuff in lunch sacks for each person labeled with their names. This year I have over bought as I ALWAYS do. I love it!

    Merry Wooley...notice correct spelling.

    ReplyDelete