Thursday, September 1, 2011

Snapping out of it

If an object in motion tends to stay in motion and an object at rest will stay at rest, I am not sure if I am moving or resting. 

Work stuff is moving at warp-speed.  New clients every week and so much exciting stuff happening.  But my house is full of dog hair and we didn't feel like cooking dinner last night.  So I was in motion and lazy all at the same time.

I think the answer is that we just need a change of scenery.  An opportunity to go unplugged and enjoy one last summer event.  For six months, Saturday mornings included long runs which prevented us from exploring the mountains as we typically do to beat the summer heat.  You'd think with all that running, I would have my fill of fresh air, but it's not the same.  I am ready to feel the wind on my face because it's windy, not because I am running fast.  So I guess that means I really want to be an object at rest for a few days. 

On Sunday we leave for Islamorada, FL for the week.  I think sea breeze and spotty cell phone service is just what we are looking for to refresh our perspectives and renew our energy.  And by the time we get home, the forecast is showing that window opening season will have resumed...which will also be a nice change of pace. It's been unusually warm here. We had 21 days in August that were over 90 and 20 in July.  I am more ready for sweatshirt weather than I have been in a really long time.  Well, since the 6 months we lived in Austin, TX anyway.

So, we are snapping out of this funk ASAP!  A week with no dogs and no dog hair.  A week of sea breezes and someone else to make the bed.  A week of bathing suits and warm water and sand between my toes.  It all sounds heavenly.  And it's only 3 days away!


1 comment: