Thursday, September 1, 2011

End of the story

Wow.  I haven't blogged in what seems like weeks, and here I am posting 2 in one day!

Today, I am sad to report that our neighbors, witness protection from Jersey and and his Russia spy girlfriend, Anthony and Natasha, are moving out today.

I do not know for certain that Anthony is in the witness protection program, but he is from New Jersey with the thickest NJ accent I've ever heard and he did have to go out of town for a couple weeks not too long ago.  And his sisters wouldn't say where he was.  It was weird. And I also know for a fact that Natasha is Russian, but I don't know if she's really a spy.  But it makes for a great story in my imagination. 


Over the past 12 months, we've heard the most amusing things.  Like last November when we had a warm day, Anthony got the ladder out and climbed on the roof wearing jeans, a wife beater and a Santa hat.  When Natasha asked him what he was doing, his response was, "what do you think I'm doing?  I hanging the f-ing Christmas like you told me to."  To which Natasha replied in her thick Russian accent, "With a f-ing staple gun."  All outside my office window.  Funniest work day EVER!


He drives a cliche red Cadillac (early 2000 model) and twice a week he'd pull it out of the garage into the driveway, crank the radio volume on the local classic rock station, and sing along in his Jersey accent as he washed his car.  Again, always wearing a wife beater.


It's been hours of endless entertainment right out my office window.  And as we've gotten to know them over the past year, they are actually very nice people, with a super sweet son (his name is Christopher!!) and are the kind of neighbors that would do anything to help you in a bind.  I am actually sad to see them go.


Anthony said he met the new renters and they are a young couple with a couple of kids.  That sounds nice.  Far less entertaining, but nice.  I wonder what imaginary life I can concoct about the new family?  Who wants to help me get started?  Maybe I should meet them first before I start the make-believe!

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness, I am glad you are back at the blog station. This was just to funny, just what I needed.

    The new neighbors sound BORING, so you must do something to get these people a LIFE, if only in your imagination.

    Hope the Florida trip is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete