So, today I am giving in to the inner voice that doesn't always guide me in the right direction. And because I don't want to completely whine, I am going to put my "beefs" into list form today. A good list always makes me feel better.
- Yesterday both dogs puked. I have nothing else to say about that.
- So that I don't fall behind in my training, I had to do my long run this morning. I know it was only 4 miles, but it felt like 100. But on the plus side, I get to go to Cleveland this weekend to see Angie and family. Which I am just over the moon about! So excited I can hardly stand it! But I am hurting a little this morning from the run.
- After the never ending run, I hit the shower. I barely had my toes dried before Chris came in and said, "Abby is doing the lick-and-gag. What do you want me to do with her?" Really? He couldn't just do SOMETHING? Before 7:30 this morning I had run 4 miles, unloaded the dishwasher, took the trash out and showered. He got up at 7:30. I love my husband, but dealing with pet-drama isn't one of his fortes apparently. So he locked her in the bathroom with me. Awesome.
- For those of you who don't know what the lick-and-gag is, it's the vicious cycle (caused by allergies) our beagle goes through, and the wind up sometimes takes more than 30 minutes before the puke. See my first note. Enough said.
- I barricaded Abby in the kitchen in that I had a conference call to conduct. So, after finishing said call, I went downstairs and cleaned up the mess, which was easy compared to yesterday's projectile on me and the carpet.
- Finally had a moment to make some breakfast. I evidently lost track of how much water I was putting in my oatmeal this morning. I ended up with something more along the lines of cream of wheat. It was cinnamon flavored mush with a banana. Doubly mushy but not inedible.
- While nuking my oatmeal I noticed that the sweet potato we planned to have with dinner tonight looked kinda funny. When I touched it, it almost disintegrated in my hands. Completely rotten. Guess I'll have to go pick up another one after JA today.
- I have a flight tomorrow morning at 6:00 connecting through Chicago O'Hare. After yesterday and today, Karma is either going to say to me "Sorry kiddo, I tried to warn you," or (and this is the one I am really hoping for), "You've put up with enough for this week, I'll let you off easy." Either way I won't be surprised with what I believe to be the inevitable delay.
So, in short, kudos to all you moms out there. Holy catfish do you do a lot for your families!