Thursday, February 24, 2011

Too much to say and I must be a chicken

What an absolutely crazy week. Work is busier than ever and shows no signs of slowing. But for the first time since the reorganization of our department I feel like I have a minute to breathe (or blog!). I think I am finally catching up, although I am also fairly certain that this is only the calm before the storm...and I am ready for it! I love to be busy.

After my third conference call of the day I was finally able to grab some lunch (and yes, it's 2:00 pm here). I ran down the stairs to the refrigerator to find no leftovers. So I went to the pantry to find no soup. I needed to run to whole foods to pick up stuff for dinner so I thought, what the heck! Might as well go now and grab some lunch while I am at it.

Tonight we are having BBQ chicken on the Weber and a salad. Nothing fancy. I grabbed the cuts of chicken I wanted, bagged them and put them in the basket. As I turned to leave the meat department I got a whiff of the most fabulous chicken noodle soup. PERFECT! So I scooped out a small cup for me for lunch.

Chris is out of soy milk so next I headed to the dairy department, grabbed a half gallon of Silk and kept going toward check out. Then I caught the aroma of the really yummy rotisserie chickens, hot out of the oven. The smell was so wonderful that I completely forgot about my soup and grabbed a chicken for lunch (one chicken makes 4 lunches around here!).

NOW I can finally check out, although the whole trip was less than 20 minutes. As the clerk pulled the items out of my basket, she said, "wow, you must really like chicken!" And all I could say in response to that was, "well, you know what they say, you are what you eat." Really. I mean SERIOUSLY! I am a fairly quick-witted person and that was the best I could do?

So with that, my friends, I leave you today with this final thought:

Cluck Cluck.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, we are having chicken tonight too! Loved that you are so chicken today. Have a good night,Cluck cluck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh. Maybe you should have purchased an abundance of ham.

    :)

    ReplyDelete