- We finally bought our good camera on Saturday. After determining our budget and test-driving several of them, we landed on the Nikon D3000 and could not be happier. We tinkered with it a little on Saturday and I think we are going to love it. And the memory card plugs directly into the side of Chris' new iMac computer for easy downloading and editing. YAY!! Pictures will start rolling in soon!
- We were given our first hand-me-downs for baby-boy-Rowland. A dear family friend, Rebecca had her son in May of this year and sent us a box stuffed FULL of his clothes from the summertime. Chris and I were in absolute awe when we opened the box and saw all of the really cute things in there. It made it all seem very real. Now we need to figure out where we are going to put them. For now, the box they came in will have to do.
- I leave tomorrow morning for Michigan for the week. Most of my time will be spent in Detroit...very close to the airport, but I am going to manage to swing up to MP for a day to see the family and celebrate Dad's 65th birthday with him. I will be a couple days early, but us McFarlanes celebrate for a week anyway, so I'll be there to kick it off!
- We have another winter storm watch. Last Wednesday we ended up with 8 inches of snow. This time it will start on Tuesday night and roll into Wednesday with another 4 - 8 inches of snow. Thankfully the first round has completely melted. Here's hoping the next snow melts just as quickly. Looks like I am getting out of dodge just in time!
- YIKES! Trick-or-Treaters will be ringing our doorbell tonight from 6 to 8 pm. I guess I should run to the store and get some candy for them. I don't have enough travel toothpaste to share with all of them (just kidding, of course! I wouldn't share it with them even if I had it for them!).
- Groceries. Bigger yikes. I don't even have anything here for lunch. I guess I'll hit the store mid-day today for a quick trip.
- I mentioned that I am leaving tomorrow morning for MI. Did I also mention that my work isn't quite ready for the trip? Looks like it's going to be a long night.
- The pants I need for the trip are at the dry cleaners to be hemmed and cleaned. Here's hoping that they got hemmed. If not, I am in big trouble.
- I need to charge my Nook for my trip tomorrow. And maybe download a book or magazine or something. I have a feeling that while tomorrow should be smooth sailing weather wise, I am thinking Saturday morning is going to strand me in Chicago. Denver weather could be iffy for Saturday, and according to my typical travel-delay schedule, I am overdue for a long one. Note to self: Wear something comfy on Saturday.
- Would it be asking too much if I asked Chris to rake the yard Saturday morning? But only if the snow melts, of course. Maybe I'll play the "but I'm carrying your child" card. I haven't used that yet. It's been almost 16 weeks so I think I'm due.
Monday, October 31, 2011
I am feeling a little all over the place today. So much to say, so much to do and VERY little time to get it all out. So, you know me. Here's a list that essentially summarizes the scatter pattern in my brain: