Friday, August 19, 2011

Random Thoughts

It's been a bit crazy this week.  And time seems to be simultaneously flying and dragging as the days pass.  The house is painted, and as soon as I get a spare minute to re-hang all of the pictures, I will be sure to post some before and after pics.  Here's what I will say about the new colors:  I had no idea how much I hated that Aztec orange until it was gone from our home.  Soooooooooo much better!

In about 2 hours, Lisa will be here to kick off our girls weekend as we conclude our Summer of Run.  On tap for tonight is the Sugarland concert at an outdoor amphitheater.  And the forecast is for evening thunderstorms.  I have a feeling there may be a delay tonight in that the band will likely be pretty gun-shy after the incident in Indiana last weekend.

Then tomorrow we will sleep in a little have some breakfast then jump in the car with our first stop at the Art Festival in Golden, CO.  Lisa goes every year and said it's great.  I figured, what the heck!  It's on the way-ish!

After the art festival we'll finish our drive over the continental divide ending in Vail, CO (and 8,000' elevation) to enjoy the pre-race expo.  And when we are finished with that, we get to have dinner with my "sister," Cait Doyle.  For those of you who don't know Cait, she started babysitting for me and Garren when we were pretty young. I think I was 8ish maybe?  And then she lived with us during college for a few years.  She's always been sort of a big-sister to me and rather than always telling the story, I just call her my sister. It's easier that way.

I haven't seen Cait in several years.  We keep in touch, via phone and facebook, but I haven't actually been able to hug her in a LOOOOONG time.  It will be so great to have dinner with her, and have Lisa meet her.  Even if it is only for a couple of hours. 

Then Sunday is race day in the morning, followed by a trip through the Vail Farmer's Market.  It's supposed to be a pretty great market and Colorado sweet corn is at its peak right now. Hook me up!!!  Then some lunch and the 2 1/2 hour drive home.

All-in-all, it should be a great weekend. Who knew that the best part of the weekend won't even be the race.  You can never have too much girl time!

Cheers to all the girlfriends out there.  I hope you have a weekend filled with friendship and laughter.  I know I will!  

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing as special as girl-time. Hope the run went well. ...details please.

    ReplyDelete