So, as I enter the final weeks of pregnancy (a max of 6 weeks left),I thought I'd share with you some of the things my body is training me to do in preparation for Mommyhood.
- To function on very little sleep. I am averaging a total of 4-6 hrs per night, and not all at once.
- New Found night vision allowing me to move about the house with stealth like capabilities without turning on a light...especially to the bathroom and kitchen and back to bed.
- The ability to ignore the urge to kick something really hard out of anger. Not that I would have anyway. But now I ignore the urge better.
- Find new and creative ways to reach things when you can't really reach them. I assume this comes in handy in cars, restaurants, airplanes, and other compromising places that my son will drop his favorite something-or-other.
- The ability to change sheets and pillow cases in the middle of the night and clean up the corresponding mess that caused the need to do so. Think reversal and overheating rather than an export of sorts.
- The ability to be REALLY annoyed with another human but taking 10 seconds to think about it before responding to it.
- A rekindled love for kid-friendly meals like PB&J and cereal.
- The ability to feel really terrible, sick, fat and lazy with terrible indigestion, all caused by my son but loving him so much that none of that other stuff really matters.
I know that every tear shed, toilet seat hugged, Tums eaten, shoe thrown, and blood pressure reading taken, will be a distant memory soon enough. As soon as Bryan can come out and play, it will be an entirely different ballgame with more love and reward (and I am sure heartache and mistake) than I can even begin to imagine today. I can't wait to meet this little nugget! Even if I do have to reverse dinner every-other night for the next six weeks.