This morning as I was shoveling our driveway and sidewalk for the second time in 12 hours, I had time to conjure up some really random thoughts. And in the order that I thought them, here you go!
1. Had we not had that blizzard in 2006 with 40" of snow in 24 hrs I probably would have never learned the lesson of "shovel as it falls." Today would have sucked had I not moved the first 6" off the driveway last night. YAY ME!2. Shoveling is a great cross training workout. Rather than hitting the gym this morning, I alternated between left-handed and right-handed shoveling. I even did some lunges and squats as I moved the white stuff.
3. I'll betcha that guy a few doors down won't have the same sense of accomplishment I will. He's using a snow blower. That's like cheating on winter.
4. I sure hope Chris made a whole pot of coffee this morning. It's freezing out here! I may want more than my standard 2 cups!
5. Why didn't we look harder for a south-facing house so this stuff would melt off the driveway faster?
6. I should have asked for a now blower for Christmas.