Monday, January 10, 2011

Random Thoughts While Shoveling

This morning as I was shoveling our driveway and sidewalk for the second time in 12 hours, I had time to conjure up some really random thoughts. And in the order that I thought them, here you go!

1. Had we not had that blizzard in 2006 with 40" of snow in 24 hrs I probably would have never learned the lesson of "shovel as it falls." Today would have sucked had I not moved the first 6" off the driveway last night. YAY ME!2. Shoveling is a great cross training workout. Rather than hitting the gym this morning, I alternated between left-handed and right-handed shoveling. I even did some lunges and squats as I moved the white stuff.

3. I'll betcha that guy a few doors down won't have the same sense of accomplishment I will. He's using a snow blower. That's like cheating on winter.
4. I sure hope Chris made a whole pot of coffee this morning. It's freezing out here! I may want more than my standard 2 cups!

5. Why didn't we look harder for a south-facing house so this stuff would melt off the driveway faster?


6. I should have asked for a now blower for Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. I love shovelling! You're right, it's a great workout, but it's also very satisfying, you can actually see progress right away. (unlike most of the things I do!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very thankful for a snow blower, one with a handy husband attached to it.

    Best to keep the thought of cross-training alive until you decide you want a snow blower. Keep smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow blowers will be on sale soon. I'll bet if Chris was shoveling the snow you would have one by now!

    Well, at least you are getting something good out of it; workout, accomplishment, and the guy down the street saying "I wish I had a wife like that!"

    ReplyDelete