- Running 10 miles is not easy. I had to walk part of it, but I did it and at the end couldn't stop smiling.
- It is possible to get a little sun before 9:30 am in Colorado. I wouldn't call it a burn, but from 7:30 to 9:30 am, I did get a little pink on my cheeks and shoulder-tops. Guess I'll wear sunscreen next time.
- A date night dinner of ribs, potato salad and cold beer at our new patio furniture until well after dark trumps stuffy frou-frou meals inside with linens every time.
- Home Depot garden center on Mother's Day is much like mall on the day after Thanksgiving. The primary difference: Home Depot was only men and children. Not my version of therapeutic. No offense to men, but seriously, you can control the kids better than that.
- Gardening for 5 hours absolutely counts as strength training. My legs are KILLING me this morning.
- Target-brand sport sunscreen is the best sunscreen I have ever used. Applied once yesterday and it worked perfectly. Except for the spots I couldn't reach on my back. And now I have nice red "fingers" on my back. Stupid yoga shirt anyway.
- My new favorite place on earth: The white Adirondack chair my dad made for me with a pot of lavender sitting on top of my McFarlane Dairy milk crate. Absolutely incredible.
- If I can't be with my mom on Mother's Day, at least I know I can talk to her any time I want. Some of my friends had that taken from them way too young. I love you, Mom!
Monday, May 9, 2011
Weekend Lessons: A List
What an amazing weekend. In the mid-80's all weekend with perfect sunshine and a light breeze both days. The things I learned this weekend are many. And since you all know how much I love to make a list, and I know how some of you like to read a list, I will share my weekend lessons with you in such fashion.