Today, one of our client support reps emailed a client of mine in an effort to fix a technological hiccup the client was experiencing. It was a list. I quickly thanked the support guru and let him know how great I thought the email was...especially the list part. His response to me was, "Sometimes people just need a list or it all looks like a heavy fog of crazy, so they don't know where to start." Brilliant!
With that, here's the list of Rowland happenings in the past week!
1. My business trip went really well. I left with strep throat and returned with a double ear infection. I was a mess but the presentation was outstanding. In my boss' words, I "knocked it out of the park!" That will make me feel better all day long!!
2. Bryan is totally on the mend. I actually think the antibiotic for his double ear infection helped with the chronic cough. We see the pulmonologist on Thursday and are hoping for a clean bill of health!
|Sleeping in his swing. We've learned that if we give|
Nuggs a blankie, he will cuddle up and sleep!
4. Bryan is 7 months old today. Seven months. How is that possible? This week he's found his voice and is working on perfecting the most ear-piercing scream/screech you've ever heard. Super cute, really funny and somewhat annoying all at the same time! And I love every second of it!
5. Our basement and office conversion projects will be finished on Thursday. Yes, Thursday as in the day after tomorrow. Holy catfish! The bed and stuff will be delivered on Friday. I can't believe how incredible it's looking. In approximately 48 hours, there will not be strange men jumping in and out of the window wells in our basement anymore! No more Russian Boris and his Johnny Cash music. No more electricians with wicked senses of humor (I think this guy's been zapped a time or two!), no more painters who think they communicate better with bi-lingual employees by talking loud enough Helen Keller could hear them. Seriously. Spanish is not a synonym of deaf. I promise. Look it up!6. My parents will be here on Saturday and my in-laws on Tuesday (a week from today). They each get three nights in the new Grandparent Suite. How cool is that? We are all so excited we can hardly stand it!
7. I am listening to Christmas music. Because I can. If the hours are long but the days so short, I want to enjoy every one of these "first Christmas with the baby" days. And if that means I get a few extra, so be it. Besides. Christmas music makes me extra happy.
|Happy 7 month birthday, Nuggs! Abby was too tired to play.|